Thursday, October 22, 2009

Problems I Encountered

Bracing – I had trouble with bracing my speakersb but after talking with terry I was instructed in the right direction and was able to sucssesfully brace my speakers

Bendy Ply – When attatching my second layer of bendy ply I found when srewing the ply onto the speakers that the screws were colling wigth pre existing screws.However I switched from screws to nails and this allowed me to correctly attach the second ply

Sanding With Belt Sander – When removing the “trim” that was around my speakers from the bendy ply I found I could not completely get rid of it with just the belt sander, so after removing as much as I could with the belt sander I used a palm sander to remove the existing trim. The palm sander allowed me to make the ply sit flush with the faces of my speaker.

Painting – I had to sand back layers of paint to get a smooth finish on my speakers. Alo any drips which were formed when being sprayed had to be removed .

No comments: